It all started over 12 years ago with a man and a 'big idea'. That guy's name was Jon Ostler and today he's our Group CEO. He didn't always have that spiffy title, he was once a super geek with an idea about consulting to Australia's and New Zealand's leading brands, retailers and entrepreneurs on the leading trends and methodologies in Search and Performance Marketing.
Today, First Rate does exactly that, we are an award winning search agency powering online brands to dominate the search engines, to be found and sell more online with strategic advice about SEO, SEM (PPC), Performance Media, Conversion Rate Optimisation, and Google Analytics.
What can you expect?
- to work with a swag of Australia's leading online brands such as Vodafone, BigW, Bankwest, Gumtree and many more
- to consult on some of the toughest challenges in search and performance marketing today, and work with the best who will help you do it
- to work across channels. Want to do SEO, SEM and Facebook? We encourage it
- no secrets, a team culture where sharing is rewarded, get support from the best
- a performance focused culture. If you want a fluffy agency, we're not for you. We're all about results
- a culture that rewards performance and smart thinking
- to work in a conveniently placed, newly kitted-out office in Darlinghurst close to public transport, pubs & amenities
- a relaxed and professional flat structure, where you can have your say - and it's also acknowledged
- a team of young & equally intelligent, search savvy team members
- free lunch, every week, yes there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- team days & company social events
- training and personal development in a supportive environment
- a competitive package
- There's one catch... it's your shout for pastries if you are last in on a Friday
Who we're looking for
It's ok to be a super geek. Actually when working for us it's preferable. We're super geeks and proud of it, and as a wise man once said,
"SEO isn't pretty but it's effective"
James Ward, Head of First Rate at IAB 2011 Awards (SEO Winner)
The sort of person we typically hire is smart, analytical, passionate about online, and keen to grow and push boundaries. Experience working with large companies (client or agency side) is a huge plus. Our team is driven by performance, and understand online marketing is marketing, but has a big technology component.
We are looking for someone who has strong experience in SEO or SEM (PPC) and Performance Media. Other areas of experience that are looked upon favourably include:
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Google Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing
- Shopping Comparison Engines
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO)
We have high standards and so are always happy to hear from exceptional candidates at all levels.
Graduate Consultant – you were top of your class, you have a passion for the internet and have completed a few of your own online projects already. You are looking for your first job that will stretch you and develop your career opportunities within the online marketing industry.
Consultant – you are smart, degree qualified and have been doing SEO or SEM commercially for 1 to 3 years. You want to work in a positive environment with likeminded colleagues where you can further develop your skills by gaining experience working on some of Australia's top sites and businesses.
Senior Consultant – you have been working in online marketing for more than 3 years and are comfortable managing large clients and online marketing projects. You know how to consult effectively to senior marketing managers and can offer original, creative and insightful recommendations. You have a wide range of experience and have developed advanced skills in SEO, Link Building, SEM, Performance Media, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Google Analytics
Specialist Consultant – similar to a Senior Consultant but you have developed exceptional skills and experience in one particular area. Your skills in this area are at the highest level and you would be recognized by other consultants at First Rate as a true Guru in your field. Areas of expertise could include SEO, SEM, Performance, CRO or Analytics
Principal Consultant – you have mastered all the requirements of a senior consultant but you also have a flare for presenting to clients and growing their accounts. You mentor and train other members of the team giving them the benefit of your significant experience. Your knowledge of online marketing is extensive and up to the minute including mobile, social, DSPs and other emerging technologies.